December 3, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog. I have been a blogger for almost 5 years. I keep a personal blog - mostly about my kids - at www.babybarn.blogspot.com. I'm hopefully going to continue with that one for a long time, but I felt the need to take a step over and start a new one based on healthy eating.

Before I met my husband of 5 1/2 years, I didn't think too much of what I ate. As a bachelorette, I had my fair share of frozen dinners and canned soup. And when I "cooked" it was noodles and sauce or baked chicken. Nothing exciting or tremendously nutritious. And growing up I was much worse about the junk food - oatmeal cream pies, chips, soda, cookies, etc.

Slowly, he has shown me the error of my ways. It's been a process (and certainly not a finished one), but I would say that in general, we cook pretty well for our 3 little ones. Even Luke, who just turned a year, NEVER had baby food out of a store-bought jar. We make everything for him (okay, we can't say that about out first two kids, but we made progress!).

I felt inspired to start a blog that would share some of our family recipes. I also want to share some of the cooking tips that I've learned from various places, including from my husband who is a WONDERFUL cook. If he had the time (and energy) at the end of his work day, he would cook for us every night. But that hasn't been possible, so we share in the cooking.

I hope you find my posts useful and feel free to comment after you've tried something. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment