December 5, 2012

Oatmeal Muffins

I love making quick breads: banana bread, zucchini bread, pumpkin bread (from a real pumpkin, not from a can), apple/carrot bread, etc. I have found a recipe that makes excellent bread - either as muffins or a loaf. I now use this as my base and then add whichever fruit/vegetable that I have on hand. And I love the texture that the oatmeal adds.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffin

Oatmeal Muffins


1 stick butter (melted)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup Old Fashioned oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 mashed bananas OR 1 cup shredded zucchini OR 1 cup pureed pumpkin
optional: chocolate chips (raisins maybe?)

Preheat oven to 350.

With mixer, combine butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients together and add to the wet ingredients.

Stir in bananas/zucchini/pumpkin (and chocolate chips if you're adding them).

For muffins: grease muffin tin, should make 12 muffins. Bake for 25 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

For a loaf: grease loaf pan. Fill 2/3 full. Bake for an hour or until knife comes out clean. I usually have some left over batter and am able to make an additional 6 or 7 muffins.

***

see my Update on Oatmeal Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment