July 11, 2013

Maybe skip the bagged ice

My husband forwarded me a link to a blog post that I thought was worth sharing.

The blog is Confessions of a Community College Dean, and the post is about summer jobs. He goes into some detail about the time when he worked for an ice factory (he makes note of the fact that "different brands of bagged ice come out of the same vat").

Here's an interesting detail you may want to be aware of:

Disgruntled workers have ways of Sticking It To The Man. Among these ways is peeing in the ice vat. There’s a reason I don’t buy bags of ice. If you do, first, hold the bag up to the light. If the ice isn’t perfectly clear, don’t buy it. Trust me on this one. Seriously.

Next time you have a party, maybe make your own ice for the drinks, and keep the bagged ice for the cooler...

No comments:

Post a Comment